I am so excited about the first challenge I have set for the Textile Figure Forum UK!!!!Here it is;
Mixed Media Mayhem!
1. THE CHALLENGE IS TO MAKE A DOLL BROOCH IN MIXED MEDIA.
2. Use materials such as fabric, ribbon, yarn, metal items, beads, sequins, pen, paint, stamps, ink and any others you would consider using for a mixed media project. The list is endless! So, go on!! Create mayhem and magic with those materials!!!
3. The basic shape must be no more than 7.5cm/3in tall and 5cm/2in wide. This does not include hair/headgear, arms or legs.
4. Give him/her a title or a name and write a few words about your choice. Please state which category you are entering; Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.
5. Please send your photos and text to My Page by midnight BST on Friday 15th May 2009.
6. Voting will begin on Saturday 16th May 2009. Please vote by leaving a message on My Page. Just click on the little envelope under my photo and leave votes for the best in each category and the best overall. The results and prize giving will be on Friday 22nd May 2009
If you are interested in sewing and making dolls, please join our group. (See link on the right below) You will also find supplies, patterns and advice sheets at Madeleine Sara’s site http://www.clothdollcreations.co.uk