Beginner doll. Day 4.

Today, I stamped the surface of the doll and the fabric for her clothes. I used Jacquard Lumiere paints and unmounted rubber stamps. The stamps were a free gift from a magazine! It was easy to print on the body and round the arms and legs because of the flexibility of the unmounted stamps. I think I might add some more patterns in gold or green.

Weekly Challenge

This week we were challenged to put something in our lo according to the old wedding superstition:-

Something old

Something new

Something borrowed

Something blue.

We also had to use ribbon and have some secret journalling because the challenge was set by the SECRET stash faeries. Here’s my attempt.

Scrap like you mean it. Week 21.

The challenge this week was to use a song title as the prompt for our layout. I chose the title ‘Blue Skies’ by Rogers and Hart after choosing this lovely photo from our Lake District holiday in April. John and I were staying in Keswick and decided to walk to the top of Castle Crag. As you can see the view of Derwent Water and the fells was glorious! Happy days!

Beginner doll. Day 3.

After I’d stuffed the arms and attatched them to the body of the doll, I was able to draw in the outline of the face and use fabric dye to colour the surface. I didn’t mix enough of the dye, so the torso is a sort of calamine pink and the rest of the body a rather paler pink! I HATE the head of the doll- I think it’s too small in comparison to the rest. Maybe it will look better when I’ve put the decoration on! I also dyed the material and ribbon for the clothes and head-dress. They have to be left for 24 hours and then ironed to set the colour before I can go any further.

Scrap your day. May 2009

I’ve just uploaded my layout for the 25th May. The photographic topic this month was catching still life. I used my buxom bathing beauty money box as the subject, varying the light source and perspective and also adding extra elements to the shot.

Beginner doll. Day 2

Yesterday, I finished cutting out all the pieces and turned them all inside out. No mean feat! I then sewed the lines of the fingers and began to stuff the body parts. I didn’t have time to stuff the arms, so this is how far I got.